Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Commitment Phobic???

I missed my normal Sunday post-sorry those of you who may use this blog as a "break" on Monday morning.

(Reading my blogroll is my reward for focusing on a yucky task. I say to myself, "Just do this and then you can read one post...sheesh! The games I play to get work done. )

Last Thursday, I took (what I consider) a leap and visited some of the "open" retail spaces in this little town. My camera batteries were almost dead so I've no pictorials of this adventure. I did however, as I do, start to question. What am I thinking?

My head tells me, "This is crazy. We are in the midst of economic crisis and you want to cash in your savings and run a boutique?" You really think people who can't pay their mortagages have dollars just lying around to buy foofoo crap that you want to share with the world?"

My heart then answers, "This is crazy. When will it be the right time? Do you really think you can continue this way? There is something inside of you--dying to do this and you are ignoring your voice. Why can't you just listen??? You're the one who always says choose love.

You get the drift......this is when those of us who believe in karma, signs, and/or serendipity throw our hands up.


This was Thursday's horosope (a little weak but..):
GEMINI (May 21-June 21). Here's a secret to let out right now: You have talent. You feel gloriously alive when you are being creative. Others will see you shine and they'll be inspired to follow the muses, too.

On Monday I went to Starbuck's for lunch. This was the quote on my coffee:

Starbucks - The Way I See It #76
The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
- Anne Morriss, Starbucks customer


After my mocha, I had a conversation with a person who has zero knowledge of my desires. He was telling me a story and all I can remember is this (or something like it..)

On mountain climbing-You need to make a decision. Either you need to reach the top or figure out how to get down. If you do nothing, you'll probably die.

Your life is only so long.

P.S. I promise pics next time and no personal musings. must get batteries. must make decision.

No comments: