Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Paths and Pandas


My day job requires me to be physically hunched over a desk calculating daily sales and % changes and I am doing this-on the outside.


On the inside; I am writing a book, purchasing inventory for the Urban Market, painting walls (at the market and in my bedroom), designing marketing materials, sewing with a fantastic stack of new fabric I recently received, worrying about my children, making dinner, formulating witty rebuttals to things that have irked me that I should've just said aloud and wondering just how much of my life I'm going to waste thinking.


(To segue, for a moment; This may go against the core principle I set for with the paper crane wishes but for you, Mr. Condescending, I wish for you to get a life. Yeah, I allowed ego to have her way but sometimes you just have to let go. Not sure you can tell someone to get a life politely or professionally.)


I get so tired of hearing myself think some days that I wish for the "OFF" switch. So I made a deal with myself that I would do a "ME" thing this evening. (The thinking goes away when I'm wrapped up in a creative frenzy.)
Well, as you moms know, "ME" things get pushed to the back burner. Movie night took over "ME" night. We floated (raining again) to the theater to see Kung Fu Panda.
Much to my delight, the movie was funny, visually fantastic, and (love this) had a poignant and rather relevant lesson. I won't spoil it for anyone but I wanted a pen in the middle of the movie. Yes, I know, I'm reduced to quoting cartoon characters...................ready?
"One meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it."
Well, duh.

No comments: