Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers, Fabric, and Fortune

Happy Father's Day, Dad.


My father's lessons:



1.) If you have love, you need nothing else.

2.) Out of everything, there is a blessing.

3.) When you love someone, it is forever, no matter what.

Love you, Dad.


Got an email on Friday from my inner conscience (also known as Mrs. Possibility). She has this uncanny ability to just always get it, no matter what. To tell it like it is and to remain calm, to trust and know herself. I aspire to have it..

Anyways, the email...

Point #1-Because the day...stretching outbefore me...filled (at the moment) with limitless opportunities...is...ALL IHAVE!

Point #2-This is...Your Day.
Not "their" day.
This Day belongs...ULTIMATELY...to You.
Not "them."


Talk about rattling a core. (And guilt for not living today!) Thank you, Mrs. Possibility. I needed the "time out".





So, I lived a little, my style, this weekend and tackled this bag by Sew Liberated.





I also found Scrap Fabric Use #103...Fabric Fortune Cookies(tutorial here).. (I wonder to myself Why all the Asian inspired stuff lately? I haven't a clue.) We could all use some encouragement every now and then. (Especially if Dad isn't available or Mrs. Possibility is single-handedly
busy running her empire and family...thank you universe for these people.

Happy Sunday!


I used this quote for one of the cookies, only I wrote it out of sequence but still, a goodie.


"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."
Author: Christopher Robin

No comments: