Friday, March 8, 2013

Pattern Play: Journal Inspiration

First, I always, always, forget this. (Does journaling help with memory loss?)
 
 
Second,if the music doesn't work (or if it inspires you), something I do when I need to create and just am lacking inspiration is to replicate something.
 
In the below instances, I ordered a scrap bag of vintage wallpaper on Etsy awhile ago, and sifting through them, I was inspired to try copying the patterns, substituting colors that I love. Bring on the paint....
 
The left side is the actual wallpaper sample, the right is my doodle.
 



Forgot the actual, but you get the drift..
I think it would be fun to paint a large canvas with a pattern ---maybe I'll put that on the to-do list.

Oh, and if you don't know what a "kiki" is--you don't watch Glee, do you? Plus I'm completely inspired by SJP's dress.(You can see it here.)

No comments: