Friday, March 29, 2013

Jacked up on Coffee & A Day Off

Procrastination in my gig--there are a few preferred methods, but the old doodle bug makes the top 10 list of ways to NOT do the laundry.

I'm on a PTO today (a glorious day of paid time off) and after I've consumed an entire pot of coffee  and read through my blogroll, naturally, the only thing left to do was draw.

(Really? The 1/4" inch of milk in the frig was maybe a good indicator that the grocery store may be more of a priority today but hell, no one is starving in this house.)

I doodled my sister's family to give them for a housewarming gift: I don't cook well so art vs. a casserole is a NO-BRAINER.
 
 
And then, well, I was on a roll:
 
 
The library is my own personal nirvana. Books are the ticket to paradise--I can think of only a few things better than curling up on a cloudy Sunday with a good book. This doodle is destined for more, but the idea is still percolating.
 


******************
Random Thought #2
*****************
 


This week at work we had a "Creating Your Legacy" workshop. I tried to keep an open mind, but it was slammed shut after:

 a.) listening to a panelists of "leaders" talk about their jobs. My job and what I leave this world, do not co-exist--other than financially and in a lesson to those after me to please listsen, "Do NOT do anything JUST for money."
and
 b.) then we were asked to volunteer to share our work.

And this girl is, Done.

I take this self-reflection crap seriously and frankly, an introspective exercise should not be made into a group project if you want to do it right.

But, I was reminded that these books I'm filling up with my thoughts/words, might just be considered something of a legacy.


Nice. I've left random thoughts & partial pages. Your "mom/grandma/great grandma" is not a fan of mass gatherings. Your "dad/grandpa/great grandpa" is a smartass.


Your "mom/grandma/ great grandma" hates her hair, nuetral clothing colors, and being cold.

 
& Your "mom/grandma/ great grandma" considers self-inflicted violence to deal with irritation.

Yep, nice. Really nice legacy.


No comments: