Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Damn, I'm tired...

The Frozen Tundra Holiday Boutique is tomorrow and I am t-t-tired of the factory work. Once again, as is my creative process, I rushed around all day and forgot to stop and take pictures (other than these) of the goods.


I'm obsessed lately with all things "grandma-y". These little strawberries (yes, made by me) are so cute. Reminds me of a pin cushion I saw around our house when I was little. I packaged them as ornaments because if you don't buy things that haven't a purpose-then these just don't otherwise make sense. The practical people of this world.....(sigh)


An artist is somebody who produces things that people don't need to have. -Andy Warhol

I whipped up some felt brooches (another grandma thing) too--Damn they were cute, I wish I would've taken a picture. Maybe I'll have some left??
I realized, too, that my carbon footprint has to be atrocious since I'm a sucker for good "packaging." My theory is, "If you're going to create something special, then it should be dressed up."
I'm going to clean up the studio because Hurricane Rebekaha has left a disaster in her wake. Plus, another Market happens again on Saturday. AND the Bella Ezine (a gift from the godess of creativity) posts tomorrow and provided it's everything I expected, I'll not sleep again.
More pics to come...in the meantime, SHOP HANDMADE.
I've decided something: Commercial things really do stink. As soon as it becomes commercial for a mass market it really stinks. Andy Warhol

No comments: