Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Back!!!


I'm reminded of that quote, "It takes a village to raise a child." I'd like to add that it also takes one to remodel and open a store in 30 days.




So, thank you-all of you, you know who you are. For the late nights, the lighting, the floors, the windows, the box-breaking downers, the pricers, the supporters, the shoppers, my retail neighbors who furnished magaritas, good kharma, pink balloons, and a calculator when I surely had a panic stricken look on my face.


All of you- the "cheerleaders" in my life-I am forever at your service.




So, I learned a few things these past few days. This just wouldn't be a post without a lesson or two, right?

-To have faith in yourself. Take 3 deep breaths. Stay true.

-I posted this on my facebook page but I'll write it here. This little endeavor is much like planning a wedding. You plan and plan and plan for the perfect day, the right vibe, the perfect colored napkins. The day comes when you return from your honeymoon and two thoughts go through your mind, "Now, what?" and "Oh, shit. This is for life."

-Jewelry must be kept in a locked cabinet. I myself hate shopping for jewelry when it's locked up. I hate waiting to find a salesperson to unlock it and I want to touch and feel it. Well, whoever has the one-of-a-kind pink bracelet that they didn't pay for-I only hope you gave it to your mom for Mother's Day.

-I need to dress my window and I need a "sidewalk" sign. I need a calendar and a website-like ASAP.

-Apparently, the most popular sizes for t-shirts are small and extra-small.

-Lastly, always have PLAN B. A pen and a calculator.


Hours this week are:

Thursday 5-8pm

Friday 12-8pm

Saturday 9-5

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

♥ Lindsay ♥ said...

Congratulations on your grand opening! The store looks fantastic! Clearly all your hard work and planning paid off!

Lindsay

Spell It Out Designs said...

The store looks fabulous!