Saturday, March 28, 2009

Have any idea how exhausting it is to prom dress shop for a little lady who has a clear picture of what she wants in her mind and the designers aren't sharing her vision?

Have any idea how exhausting it is to have a husband who wants his daughter to remain 6 forever?
I've laughed and cried more in this week than I have in the entire year. It is incredibly hard to let go and why prom is the catalyst for the drama---I haven't a clue.

I'm going to allow a certain three letter hormonal acronym 70% of the blame and the other 30% to the fact that prom is one of those rites of passage that just smack you in the face. The wind gets knocked out of your sails and all the horror stories replay in your mind. What if? What if? What if?

But instead of fear, I'm trying to focus on being thankful. Thankful that this little girl is able to articulate her thoughts, is able to walk, is able to love, is able to make mature decisions, is able to experience her life.

So today, we walked about 6 miles of mall and bridal stores and I loved every minute. I reveled in the fact that we can talk, we can laugh, and we can power shop.

These 4 were the ones she liked the best.

These two were abandoned because the store didn't guarantee school exclusivity. (What is up with that? I don't remember that being such an issue when we were going to prom but apparently these days, it is a major selling point.)

This store had the guarantee-though we had to use the phone a friend option to make a decision. The blue one won-it's gorgeous. (Though I'm not sure Big Mister will feel the same.)

No comments: