Sunday, March 15, 2009

One Crazy, Surreal Week



This has been a whirwind of a week..I played artist, shop owner, shop buyer, vacationer, mother, wife, laundress, chaffeur, writer, twitterer, and blogist.


Thursday's Market was as expected; stressful and exhilarating. The studio is a freakin' disaster (so much that I couldn't even get through the door to take a picture for you). Big Mister carried something up there for me and said, "I can't even get to the table." I grinned and answered, "That's part of my process."


I must have answered the question, "Where is your shop located?" a billion times that night. My response was, "Today, I am in my studio. If all goes well, in May, the Urban Market will be downtown." Yes, friends, I've made the decision. The pain of regret is far worse than the pain of hard work. (quoted by someone I can't even recall at this moment.)






Had to whip up some new girls since the originals were adopted at the last trunk show. There is something strangely soothing to me about painting hair on wooden beads.


It has been a gorgeous weekend here in the Midwest and frankly my house needed some life. I was at the grocery store and a dozen roses were $9.99-I bought two bunches for myself. They're slowly dying but their presence and the sunshine sure do wonders.


So, on Friday and some of Saturday, I attended the Minneapolis Gift Mart to find inventory to fill the empty space I believe I have. Do you know how hard it is to buy inventory when the only idea of space is filed away in your imagination? Here I go again with my evolutionary theory instead of practically planning. It was fun and I found a few things that I'm so excited to receive.


The rest of the weekend was spent walking and puddle jumping until this evening. This evening, I was reminded that my little peepy-lou is no longer little. That boys now notice her and want to share her time. That she's a sophomore and I really only have her for a few more years.


I'm going to call this newest boy, Romeo. Now Romeo has been plotting and planning to ask her to Prom. He asked me to be an accomplice in his little plan. He sent her on a scavenger hunt around town with the final clue being at our house. This was the last clue...




Of course she said, "Yes." much to her dad's disappointment. Ahh yes, life just keep on moving by.

No comments: