Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bewitching Irony

The irony here is that I make aprons, but I can't stand cooking.
These sweets, however, I did make but....they are very unedible. That's right, made from Crayola's sweet little invention--Model Magic.
Thought they'd make cute Christmas ornaments among other things.
Do you ever watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network-I am addicted. Among all the jobs that sound appealing, this one too, is right up my alley. I am not quite ready to work with fondant or actually have to bake cakes all day, but....
Since I was the first maternal grandchild-the legacy my grandma began included making sure that I was never deprived of anything that fell into these categories; pink, frilly, or lace. I hated anything to do with these words as I entered the acid washed jeans phase of my life. But now, something about pink (and in this case, frilly) intrigues me.

The irony here is, I never wanted to be a ballerina AND I am probably one of the klutziest people you'd ever meet. My dad always used to day, "You're like a bull in a china shop."

What we resist, persists-I guess. So my lack of grace, has taken me down the "tutu" path.

My ungrace has taken my hand and said, "Honor the inner prima ballerina." Now I may look a little odd traipsing around town in an adult tutu (especially since I'd probably trip at least once.) But the little girls (or boys) of this world, can twirl and dance in my little creations.

(Urban Market plug-If you'd like one, shoot me an email..$15.00)



The irony here is that the post begins with pink and frou-frou and ends with skulls and witches.

October equals 2 things in my head; our wedding anniversary and Halloween (which also happens to be my favorite holiday).. I took the "Handmade Pledge" so for me, it applies to buying holiday decorations.

I saw the word "Tussie Mussie" on Etsy the other day so I googled-"“Tussie-mussie” is a quaint, endearing term from the early 1400s for small, round bouquets of herbs and flowers with ­symbolic meanings."

I found a tutorial for the cone and "witched" it up a bit for Halloween. I've been hoarding 2 Halloween Paula's Kit Club kits and finally used some of it-she picks out some great stuff!

So the final irony today is that I am both witchy and foofy-black tutu anyone?

1 comment:

SkiptomyLou said...

wow everything is so cute! I love your fake sweet treats and those cones are too cool!

Cindy