Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Geek Girl Artistry

{Get your very own printable version here.}



Very much still in burn-out (or on the verge of anyways) mode.

I love to design. And I love to learn. Hmmm...learn design.

Today, I set out on trying to learn how to use a clipping mask in my graphics program.

(I don't have Photoshop. Santa, are you listening?)

I run across tutorials for PS and then I have to try and figure out a way to do the same things in Paint Shop Pro. (The ghetto version of PSP--only because I think the license was $47 vs. $470.)

So Ghetto Graphic Designers, your geekery for today:

-a clipping mask tutorial for Paint Shop Pro.

{The word "fork" in the above was a sucess in clipping mask action.}


&


Besides that....


I've been creating a little......"Paris" (it's an oldie, but a goodie)


And the "Found & Bound Workshop": An e-course in Art Journaling..


I think you can still sign up for the class--there's a little banner on the right side of this blog to take you to the "guru of art journals."


{Page 10..."Smart girls are beautiful." Especially when they wear their glasses.}


{Page 4. The first page I ever did....I feel like this 6/10ths of every day.
I hear the song..."Take me away..to a better place..." every Monday-Friday when I enter my very grey cube.}



{Page 9.."Free of Blah, Blah, Blah...especially like the blue lipstick, (or hair :)}


{The cover--bound by yours truly with waxed cord a la some ancient Japanese bookbinding techniques.}


I'm off to do some more geekery....and meditate.

No comments: