Friday, February 26, 2010

The Alice Tag Swap

After artist class and Teresa, I found myself wanting to do create more. I ran across this blogger who was hosting a tag swap----create 6 tags inspired by Alice in Wonderland. Now, I am a swap virgin, but we all have to do something once, right? I can't wait to see the little book I receive in the mail with other artists goodies.

Here are mine-


I'm a serious quote girl so I couldn't resist this dialogue from the book. It was the foundation for the rest of the tag.

Please keep in mind, I had to hand draw the "legs" because google just didn't give me much to use. I cut out 12 legs from my template and then 12 pairs of tiny black shoes. I feel carpal tunnel setting in.

And it just wouldn't be complete without a rhinestone would it? If Alice had rhinestones she probably could have used them to her advantage with the Queen.

I also am not a fan of making duplicates (hate to be a factory) so the first three were trials until I finally settled on something. I love the silk ribbon with her crepe paper shirt.


Now, I must get back to the Market and do some real work....open again in just 6 days.

1 comment:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I was lucky enough to receive one of your awesome tags! Love your work!
Thanks & enJOY,
Kimberly