Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last Week in Review......

Here are the chandeliers hanging in the gym (ahem, I mean, the Midnight Masquerade).


The total effect, lights off. I'm standing from the top most bleacher. I love the checkered floor.

The posing stations...4 of them. I guess you have to get your money's worth for the dress. Make sure the whole audience gets to see you.



It took 30 juniors, 12 mamas, 1 dad, and 1 prom advisor 8 hours to transform this place. Prom always sends me over the edge--tearing up at the very sight of my daughter. I have no idea what it is--I'm thrilled,proud, frightened, and worried all at the same time. Too many extremes to process effectively, I guess.


So if the chandeliers weren't enough, we remembered on Friday that we had yet to buy a garter. Only at times like this, can Little Miss be happy that her mother is a borderline hoarder. Of course I have the supplies to whip up a garter, and of course, I have just enough energy to make it for you.....


At 7:45 a.m., on the morning of prom, I was shaken awake. "Mom, do you want to come with me to my hair appointment?" Lord child, I just went to bed. I drug myself out of bed reminding myself that these times that she asks for my presence are few and far between.


The results? Breathtaking.
Sometimes I marvel at the fact that I gave birth to this child.

The smile was all worth it.

As if the day wasn't full enough, this little man turned into a teenager that same day.

This little Mayday elf came into the world at just 5lbs 1oz.
Now he is almost as tall as I am. In just a few years, I'll be in this same boat with him. Only I can pretty much guarantee that he won't drag me to the salon in the wee hours of the morning.
I can't get him to comb his hair, let alone cut it.
We officially are baby free in this house. Again the panic sets in.....what the hell am I going to do with the rest of my life?

No comments: